Monday, September 10, 2012



                Come What May and Love IT!


Date: September 10, 2012
Area: Brookly, NewYork




Querida Familia,

Como estan?! Espero que todo este bien con ustedes! Este semana fue fantastico!! I hope that you all had a wonderful week! On Monday Night we had the Hawaiian Lu'au I felt at home :) Hawaii still has a huge piece of my heart! Anyways so on Monday was awesome! The Lu'au was a great success! There were a lot of people that came! It was neat because Tonya ( that french girl that we met at the statue of liberty) came and she loved it! It was so neat to see how the members were able to fellowship her. It was sad to see the Senior Couple the "Jones" Go, it was their last activity. It is amazing to see how close your really get to everyone that you meet on the mission. That is something that I have enjoyed the most on the mission is meeting and learning to Love people. I have truly learned to LOVE. It is no wonder the second greatest commandment is to love our fellow men. I can truly say that I LOVE the wonderful people of NY. It is neat to see how you meet someone and then the next second you have this love for them. I think that the main reason is because as missionarys we get to see the slightest bit of the potential that our Heavenly Father sees in each and every one of us. I love being a Missionary!



We were able to go and look up people and members that Bishop wanted us to go and look up. Well it ended up that the person he asked us to go and look up no longer lived there. So Hermana Delong and I were wondering what we should do, because there was not ONE person in sight. So we quickly said a prayer and I am not kidding two seconds later I turned around and there was a hispanic lady standing there with her umbrella right behind me. I honestly have no idea where she came from! We were able to talk with her and set up an appointment. I just love the way the Heavenly Father works, he works in mysterious ways. I am so thankful for our Heavenly Father and his help in this work, because none of this work would be possible without his help. This is just another testimony to me, that this truly is the Lords work.



We were able to visit a member for dinner on Friday night, Hermana Jimenez. ( She is Dominican so that makes he ten times cooler) :) We were able to talk to her about the importance of missionary work and obedience. In the middle of the lesson she decided to give some of her family members a call, to invite them to the open house that we were having the following day. So the next day we had the open house. It went very well and the members were so involved and they all made amazing posters for their presentations. Hermana Delong and I were sitting there waiting for people to show up and lo and behold Hermana Jimenez walked in with almost her ENTIRE family. It was so neat, because they are all less active and some of them are not members. We were able to take them all through the tour. When we got to the primary room, Hermana Jimenez stood up and bore her testimony to her family. It was so powerful and the spirit was there and able to touch each and everyone of our hearts in that room. I love Hermana Jimenez, she is such a great example. You know many people really ask me why I am here on my mission. The main motive that I have is really LOVE. I love my Savior Jesus Christ, and I love everyone, they are truly children of God. You could truly see the love that Hermana Jimenez had for her family. When we really love someone we are going to help them to change. Change is hard, but it is apart of life. We all have a lot of changing to do, I know that I have a lot to change. That way I can become more like my savior Jesus Christ. I am so thankful for his example of perfect love and service.



Well I recieved the call and I am being transfered. I am sad to leave Midwood Brooklyn. It has truly been an amazing two transfers here. The people here are amazing and so supportive. I am eternally grateful for the people that I have been able to meet. Each and every one of us are truly here on this earth for a reason. The lord has great plans for us, we just have to trust him. If we give ourselves to our Heavenly Father he can mold us into the kings and queens that he sees each of us as. I have learned on my mission more than anything not to judge one another. We all have so much potential. I am grateful for my own weaknesses, because I know that if I turn to the lord he can makes those strengths. I am thankful for each and everyone of my companions that I have had the opportunity to serve with. I am thankful for those people that have humbled themselves before the lord and had that mighty change of heart. I work my hardest everyday that I might be able to bring one soul unto Christ. For even if it is one soul its all worth it. I have truly seen the lords hand as people have planted that seed of faith no matter how small it is. When we exercise our faith in the lord we show that we are trust him. We all know that Heavenly Fathers way is better than our own way so we ought to trust him. I love my Savior and am more than thankful for this atoning sacrifice that makes Everything possible. I love this work! It is the best work in the world! Family, stay strong and stay on the path, for that is the only path to happiness.



les quiero mucho familia! Thank you everyone for your love letters and support!



Hermana Gray



Quoting from Elder Marvin J. Ashton: “We do not have to worry about the patience of God, because he is the personification of patience, no matter where we have been, what we have done, or what we, to this moment, have allowed ourselves to think of ourselves. …

No comments:

Post a Comment