Tuesday, October 16, 2012


There is NO greater Calling...Than being a missionary!!


Date: October 16, 2012
Area: Rego Park, Jamaica



Dear Familia,

I dont have much time today.....However here are some of the highlights of this week.

1. We were able to teach Carmens Entire family! Carmen wants nothing more than for her entire family to learn the restored gospel. So we were able to teach her whole family. Carmens son had been sick and in the hospital and so we were able to explain to her and her family about the Priesthood power and how it has been restored on this earth. The following day we were able to bring the Elders over and they gave Carlos a blessing. The father Julio also sat in. The spirit was so strong and I know that everyone felt it. Carmen is amazing! She is reading everyday from the Book of Mormon and on track for baptism. We had some really good lessons with her this week. She wants NOTHING more than to do that which is pleasing to her Heavenly Father. She just wants to be obedient! That is why she is getting baptized! Because of her love for the Savior and her desire to be EXACTLY obedient to the father. She came to church this Sunday and loved it! She is going to get baptized this next Sunday :) Keep her and her family in your prayers.

2. We found a Solid Family! About 2 weeks ago the Zone leaders gave us a referral for a family that they talked to in the street. Finally we were able to set up an appointment with them. When we walked into their house they were all there gathered together as a family. They were eating Taquitos :) So they gave us some! ( that was a plus because we had not had dinner) ha anyways it was the Familia Mendoza they are from Mexico and solid! They are catholic and very devoted. But hey its like they say, "The Catholics make the best mormons !" ha so we were able to have a really good lesson on the Restoration and they had a lot of good questions. When we first got there I asked the father why he let us come over. He then responded," I invited you in, because I know that you have a message different from any other message that I have heard and I want to learn more". That is exactly what we did! The message of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is our UNIQUE message to the world. The fact that today we have a modern living prophet. Christ is truly the head of this church and we have another witness or testimony of Jesus Christ - which is the Book of Mormon! I love this gospel! It is SO true! They committed to reading and praying.

3. Giovanna got baptized!! Remember how I talked to you a couple of weeks ago about the Ayala family in Flushing! Giovanna the oldest daughter decided to get baptized! She also asked me that I would give the talk :) It was such a wonderful experience to go back to flushing and to spend the day with the members there at church. Right before Giovannas baptism we had the opportunity to teach her a really quick lesson. At the end of the lesson she said one of the most fervent prayers that I have ever heard. She is so sincere when she prays and she is really talking to her Heavenly Father. I am so grateful for the spirit and the rold that he plays in conversion. For without the spirit we are nothing! Giovanna is really sensitive to the spirit. Right when we were taking pictures guess who walked down the Stairs!!! Sister Lambert!!! My former companion! She came to surprize me in flushing and also attend the baptism! It was a beautiful and day never to forget. Being able to sit there with Sister Lambert looking at a now COMPLETE family! This family has come so far and to think that it all started with a prayer to recieve a media refferall. I konw that the lord loves me and is so mindful of each and everyone of us and the details in our lives. We are so blessed to have a loving Heavenly Father and for the opportunity that we have to pray to him everyday!

I love this work! I am SO grateful for the TRUTH! I know without a shadow of a doubt that this is the ONE AND ONLY true church. It is the same exact church that our savior Jesus Christ himself established while he walked this earth. We are so blessed to have the priesthood power on the earth. The power of God given to men to perform saving ordinances such as baptism. I know that this is the Lords work. I know that Joseph Smith was the Prophet of the restoration and that the Book of Mormon is the Word of god. I know that ANYONE who reads the Book of Mormon will get closer to God and Jesus Christ by abiding by its precepts than by ANY other Book . I know that My redeemer lives. I will testify until I die that this is THE LORDS church. I know that we have a modern day living Prophet who leads and guides this church- President Thomas S. Monson. I know that we have 12 apostles JUST like our Savior had. I know that the Atonement is real and that we can ALWAYS repent and Change and become the people that our Heavenly Father and Savior want us to become. This is his Work! I am SO Eternally grateful that I have the opportunity and blessing to be apart of it!

To all of you who are thinking about serving a mission....DONT THINK! anymore...Just Go! It will be the Best TWO years or Year and a Half that EVERYONE talks about!

I love you all! Family have fun in Mexico! Dont forget to get me some mexican candy :) haha Love you!


Hermana Gray


"A testimony is personal knowledge of spiritual truth obtained by revelation, he said. It is a gift from God and available to all of His children. Any honest seeker of truth can obtain a testimony by exercising the necessary “particle of faith” in Jesus Christ. It brings increased personal accountability and is a source of purpose, assurance and joy." Elder Bednar

No comments:

Post a Comment